The Counsellor ACT Gambling Counselling Support Service provides face-to-face, online or phone counselling, develops and undertakes group work and psycho education services for individuals and family members and significant others, experiencing problem gambling harm.
Your new role
Reporting to the Practice Manager (New Services), you will:
- Undertakes on average, four appointments a day, face to face, telephone based, or video based.
- Works in the community alongside our peer support workers, to support individuals and families impacted by gambling harm.
- Provide telephone, face to face and electronic based case management and support to clients seeking assistance from Relationships Australia Canberra & Region.
- Provide advocacy and referral assistance to clients, where appropriate.
- Ensuring client data is accurately collected by practitioners and working collaboratively to ensure the correct processes are followed to support program evaluation, informing the continuous improvement of services is based on feedback from clients and emerging research and practice.
What you’ll need to succeed
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in, social science, social work, psychology, counselling, clinical work or a related area, and current registration with the appropriate professional body.
- Ability to demonstrate a broad theoretical approach and practice frameworks specialist knowledge in relation to understanding issues relating to gambling harm.
- Demonstrated experience in counselling and therapeutic group work practice as well as knowledge of issues that relate to gambling harm.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to facilitate a smooth transition for clients who may need other services or supports.
For the full list of duties and the selection criteria, please refer to the position description found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
|Applications Close||August 8, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling|
|Job Field||Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Location||ACT - Deakin|
How to Apply
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the role, please submit your resume with names of two work related referees and a cover letter specifically addressing each of the selection criteria (no more than half a page response under each criterion). Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered during the shortlisting process.
Applications should be submitted only via the “Apply” button found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
For further information, contact Julie King, Director of Operations on 0428 745 234 or email email@example.com to have a discussion.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 8 August 2021
Relationships Australia Canberra & Region
Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities, and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
|Contact||Julie King, Director of Operations|
|Phone number||0428 745 234|