- Excellent rates of Pay
- Work within a shelter that follows best practice for trauma informed care
- Be supported by a network of sister shelters across NSW, with additional training on offer to support your professional development
Parramatta Women’s Shelter is a crisis accommodation service for women with or without dependent children, who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence, or other issues.
Various shifts are available, salary dependent on experience with 25% loading if staff are employed on a casual basis.
The Children’s Support Worker will be expected to create a safe supportive and welcoming environment for children in the shelter and provide case work for families, alongside the primary case worker. They will work with the other refuge staff to ensure a package of support is provided to the children and their mothers, ensuring sensitivity to cultural needs.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Social Work|
|Job Field||Family, Children and Youth, Women|
- Minimum Cert IV in Community Studies
- Demonstrated experience within the community services sector in a case worker capacity, preferably in children’s support
- Knowledge of the dynamics and impact of family violence and abuse and how best to support survivors, including the impacts of trauma on children
- An understanding of the health and safety requirements in providing services to children Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to use online case management systems
- Current first aid certificate or capacity to acquire one before commencement Current NSW Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- The right to live and work in Australia
How to Apply
Please send a covering letter, addressing all essential criteria, plus your CV to email@example.com
We consider being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and sections 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth).
Parramatta Women’s Shelter