We are seeking an experienced Child Support Worker to join our team for up to 3 days a week. These hours are rostered between the hours of 10.00am to 6.00pm, with shifts generally being 5 hours. We require the Child Support Worker to have flexibility to work outside of regular hours on occasion to fit in with operational requirements.
The Child Support Worker will be expected to create a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for the children. They will work within a multidisciplinary team to ensure individualized support is provided to children and their mothers, that is culturally appropriate, based on best practice principles and, is trauma informed.
|Applications Close||November 14, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Family, Children and Youth, Community|
- Demonstrated experience within the community services sector working within a role that provides direct child support to children and families experiencing disadvantage.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and impact of family and domestic violence and how best to support survivors
- An understanding of legislative guidelines relevant to the provision of support services to children
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to use online case management data collection systems
- Current first aid certificate or capacity to acquire one before commencement
- Working with Children and Police Check
- The right to live and work in Australia
How to Apply
Under the provisions of the Anti-Discrimination Act (NSW) 1977, being a woman is an essential criterion for this position.
Please send a covering letter, addressing all essential criteria, plus your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sanctuary – The Hills Women's Shelter
The Sanctuary Hills Women’s Shelter is a crisis accommodation service that can provide accommodation support for up to 6 women with or without dependent children experiencing homelessness because of family and domestic violence.