The main role of a Child and Adolescent Neurofeedback Counsellor is to provide assessment, counselling and neurofeedback therapy to children and adolescents in a school setting. This role would also include liaising with schools, teachers, counsellors and other relevant professionals, while using STARTTS systemic approach in working with children and adolescents and their families. This role is also expected to participate in research and other relevant projects and to provide internal and external trainings related to neurofeedback and biofeedback.
The successful applicant will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
*This position is considered child-related employment and will require a Working with Children Background Check and a National Police Check.
|Applications Close||August 13, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling|
|Job Field||Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Location||South West Sydney|
- Relevant qualifications and current full registration with AHPRA and eligibility for Medicare Provider number.
- Understanding of refugee issues, and the effects of torture and trauma on children and adolescents, their families and communities.
- Demonstrated skills in providing assessment and therapy to children and adolescents.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to advocate cooperate and liaise with school personnel including counsellors, teachers and parents.
- Training and experience in Neurofeedback therapy or readiness to undertake further training and develop skills in Neurofeedback.
- Demonstrated interest in applied neuroscience and/or use of neuromodulation techniques in working with children and adolescents.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Current NSW Driver’s License.
Position No: 1121
Work Type: Part time, 32 hours per week. Contract to September 2022 (continuation subject to ongoing funding)
Salary: Psychologist, or other relevant classification based on qualifications, experience and requirements of the role under the NSW Health Awards. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
How to Apply
To view the position description (including selection criteria) and instructions on how to submit your application, please refer to the jobs section of STARTTS website: https://www.startts.org.au/
- Fill out the STARTTS Application for Employment Form
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant Qualifications
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable, please ask us for a sample)
- A cover letter is optional.
- Email your applications to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: Friday 13 August 2021
Enquiries: Ms Sejla Murdoch – Senior Neurofeedback Team Leader on 02 9646 6700
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, as well as a Criminal Record Check clearance you may need a current ‘NSW Working With Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information: https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
"STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on individual, family, community and cultural strengths."
|Contact||Ms Sejla Murdoch – Senior Neurofeedback Team Leader|
|Phone number||02 9646 6700|