Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
The Child & Adolescent Counsellor/Project Officer role forms part of STARTTS Direct Services Team and provides psycho-social and psychological assessment and referral service to refugee families, children and adolescents in NSW. In addition to this the Child & Adolescent Counsellor will provide short to medium term counselling and support services to refugee families, children and adolescents.
The successful applicant will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
Work Type: Full time, 38 hours per week. Contract to June 2022 (continuation subject to ongoing funding)
Salary: Health Education Officer or other relevant classification based on qualifications, experience and requirements of the role. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
|Applications Close||May 16, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling|
|Job Field||Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
- You will have tertiary qualifications in health, counselling, behavioural or social sciences. The successful candidate will have demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting refugees in particular resettlement issues, and the effects of torture on individuals, young people, families, and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct individual assessment and short to medium term interventions with children and adolescents.
- You will be a highly motivated person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively within a multicultural team setting.
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, as well as a Criminal Record Check clearance you may need a current ‘NSW Working With
Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information: https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/workingwith-children-check/paid-workers
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following three documents:
- Statement addressing all the Essential and Desirable Criteria as per the Position Description;
- Completed STARTTS Job Application Form and
- Up to date Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV).
To view the position description (including selection criteria) and instructions on how to submit your application, please refer to the jobs section of STARTTS website: www.startts.org.au.
STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on individual, family, community and cultural strengths.
|Contact||Mr Manuel Morantes|
|Phone number||02 9646 6555|