To provide case management services to the resident and outreach clients of the Rainbow Lodge Program’s transitional supported accommodation program. The position will:
- Provide case management support for our residents and outreach clients assisting them to respond to their complex needs such as experience of trauma, living with mental illness, institutionalisation and AOD addiction and misuse.
- Assist our residential clients to participate in a 12-week transitional supported accommodation and life skills program.
- Maintain regular ongoing contact with outreach clients who have exited the resident phase of our Program (for a period of up to 24 months), documenting all contact that occurs.
- Assistance to access affordable housing options whilst they are residential clients and to maintain their accommodation or tenancy when they leave the Rainbow Lodge Program
- Provide support, guidance, advocacy, referral, and community partnerships to facilitate a successful transition from a Corrective Services environment to safe, respectful, non-offending and independent living within the community.
- Monitoring and reviewing case management support I partnership with outreach clients.
- To complete all documentation and administrative tasks required by the program including writing case notes and data collection on Client Information Management System (CIMS) and work on tasks set by Funded Partnership Initiative (FPI) Portal. We will train on the usage of these data collection systems.
- Assist clients with their independent living skills to manage their budgeting and house-keeping responsibilities.
- Assist outreach residents to examine and maintain training, education, and employment opportunities.
- Assist former residents to actively participate in Outreach Support Program activities and events.
- Support Aboriginal residential and outreach residents including those who are co-case managed by Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal services.
- Where practical, (geographically) conduct face to face or video link or phone contact with potential residents referred by Community Corrections NSW.
- Maintain links with outreach clients of Rainbow Lodge to evaluate individual needs and experience in order to develop the program.
|Applications Close||April 14, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work, Community Development|
|Job Field||Alcohol & Other Drugs|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
- A qualification in Human Services (minimum Diploma)
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of 2 years’ experience)
- Significant experience assisting clients to respond to their needs such as experience of trauma, homelessness, living with mental illness, isolation, incarceration, institutionalisation, and drug and alcohol dependency.
- Knowledge of local services, ability to continuously build relationships and partnerships to the benefit of clients.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Good listening and communication skills including counselling assistance with problem solving.
- IT skills including data management and MS Office.
- Documentation and administrative tasks skills including writing case notes and data collection on our database
- Experience with Aboriginal or CALD clients.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then click on the “Apply for this job” button and submit-
- A letter addressing the selection criteria.
- A letter of introduction
- Driver’s licence
- Police check
- Working with children check.
This position is a Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social and Community Employee Level 4 position.
Applications close Friday 12th April 5.30pm.
The Rainbow Lodge Program
The Rainbow Lodge Program has been operational since 1964 and is a not-for-profit organisation conducted by the Board of the Judge Rainbow Memorial Fund Inc. We provide transitional housing and a range of community support services for men as they re-enter the community after a period of custody.
The men who undertake our post custody Program are assessed as having complex needs. To give them every chance at success, we aim to provide responsive, intensive, and supportive service that helps our men successfully rehabilitate and reintegrate back into the community.
The Rainbow Lodge Program consists of two phases: residential and outreach. During the residential phase, residents live on-site in a self-contained house for a maximum of 12 weeks. Only eight places are available at any one time and these are in high demand. During the outreach phase, ex-residents are supported for up to a further 24 months while living in the community.
|Phone number||0424 365 709|