- On Site Position – One Day Per Week
- Pay rate based on qualifications and experience
- (Contractors need not apply)
We want to hear from, and talk to, Bookkeepers who are suitably qualified and experienced and can work as part of the staff team in a busy community centre. You will have experience in the not for profit sector and ideally you will also be a registered BAS Agent or working towards achieving registration.
About the Opportunity
As part of the Greenacre Area Community Centre team, the role of Bookkeeper/Financial Administrator is to:
- Undertake all aspects of financial administration and bookkeeping, in accordance with established policies and processes
- Identify and advice on the need to establish new or streamline current practices
- Work to a high standard with acute attention to detail
- Ensure all financial obligations of the community centre are met.
In addition to the above, some of the duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Fortnightly staff payroll and implementing Industry Award and other relevant policies
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Bank reconciliation
- Preparing the Annual Budget and providing on- going monitoring and advice ➢ Funding Acquittals
- Maintaining electronic records and storage of paper records in line with financial policies
- Complying with ATO, DoFT and ACNC accountabilities in a timely manner ➢ Maintaining the Centre’s Assets Register
- Working closely with senior management
- Working in accordance with the Centre’s Policies and Code of Conduct.
|Applications Close||January 21, 2022|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Administrations & Support, Finance & Accounting|
|Job Field||Community, Neighbourhood|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
To be successful you will have:
- Formal qualifications in bookkeeping/financial administration/accounting
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated industry experience
- Substantial experience using MYOB online Accounting System and proficiency with all aspects of MYOB
- Proven experience with all aspects of payroll and Award interpretation and implementation
- Strong organisational, planning and follow up skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide high level quality work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience producing, interpreting and analysing financial reports for the organisation’s management committee
- Experience working with Auditors for EOFY audits. annual audit
- Ability to comply with ATO, ACNC and Fair Trading requirements in a timely manner
- Experience with BAS preparation
- Working knowledge of the community services sector Industry Award
- Knowledge of not for profit funding requirements
What do we offer?
You’ll be a key member of an inclusive, collaborative and supportive work culture that strives to deliver high quality professional work to make a positive contribution to our community.
We offer ongoing professional development opportunities and regular staff supervision as well as paid Christmas leave bonus.
We have family friendly policies and demonstrate flexibility with work hours & On- site parking
How to Apply
To apply please send your application to email@example.com including the following documents:
- A Current Resume including the names and contact details of two work referees, one of which is a direct supervisor/manager
- A brief cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the position
- A Statement responding to the Selection Criteria. This statement needs to be written to show each point of the Essential and Desirable Criteria and your response to each of the points.
Please note: Failure to submit a Statement of Selection Criteria addressing each point of the above essential and desirable criteria point by point, will render your application invalid.
For further information please email the Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, Friday 21 January 2122
Please note application is subject to a Working With Children Check and Police Check
Greenacre Area Community Centre
Greenacre Area Community Centre (GACC) is a not-for-profit community organization, offering a range of services and programs to the local communities of Greenacre, Chullora, Mt Lewis, and the wider Canterbury Bankstown Local Government Area.
GACC has been in operation since 1997 and provides community capacity building programs for the whole community, with a particular focus on children, young people, families and the socially isolated or disadvantaged.
We provide a range of services and activities that address local issues and strengthen our community. We are a central access point for information, support and community engagement. We offer a safe, welcoming space for all, with a focus on expanding opportunities for people who are disadvantaged.
We aim to help by:
- Providing information and referral to all members of the local community • Providing a range of programs and activities that meet the needs of the local community
- Providing low income individuals with free TAX HELP assistance • Providing the community with access to free fresh food
- Providing free or low cost activities for children and youth
- Providing counselling and casework services for individuals and families
- Providing a Supported Playgroup
- Providing educational classes, parenting classes, recreational activities, social/ support groups
- Providing community development to strengthen the local community • Providing all residents and visitors with a welcoming, helpful and informative Centre
- Providing hall hire facilities
- Providing volunteering opportunities
- Registered WDO provider