Bonnie Support Services Ltd (BSSL) is a Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) and provides support and accommodation services to women and their accompanying children, who are experiencing domestic violence, and/or homelessness or risk of homelessness. BSSL services are based on a feminist model aimed at assisting women to maintain and sustain their tenancy in a violence-free environment.
We want to employ an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic Team Leader who can manage the day-to-day support and supervision of the Service teams, and carry a small caseload. The position involves working with a range of stakeholders. You will have extensive knowledge of domestic/family violence and homelessness as it pertains to women and children and strong leadership and conflict resolution skills as well as a sound working knowledge of CIMS database or similar. The role includes an on-call component.
|Applications Close||November 2, 2020|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Leadership and Management|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||South West Sydney|
1. Commitment to feminist philosophy.
2. Relevant qualifications plus demonstrated leadership experience
3. Demonstrated understanding of trauma and how this impacts mental health & wellbeing, addictions, cycles of homelessness & poverty.
4. Demonstrated ability to work within a structured, policy-driven system.
5. Demonstrated understanding and experience of trauma on child development, attachment and the mother-child relationship.
6. Ability to identify and assess significant risk of harm and enact mandatory reporting responsibilities.
7. Competency in Aboriginal and other cultural diversity.
8. Ability to work collaboratively with client co-case management with other agencies.
9. Willingness and ability to participate in the on-call roster, (from time to time if required); involving rostered Saturday work for face-to-face and telephone crisis response to domestic violence
10. Ability to work effectively in a team
11. Computer literacy in MS Word and MS Office products.
12. Current Driver’s Licence
1. Skills and understanding of how to facilitate group work and community education and other capacity-building workshops and programs for woman and children.
Employment and conditions are under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010, Level 6. Temporary maternity leave for 12 months. Working 35 hours per week.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered you must specifically respond to each of the essential and desirable criteria and provide a cover letter and your resume, including two referees; at least one of whom must have had a supervisory or management role in your current or most recent employment.
To apply email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Sandra.
Phone: 9729 0939
Being a female is a genuine requirement as specified under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Bonnie Support Services