The Community Support Program Manager is a key member of the Client Services team, and has responsibility for:
- Fair and effective management of the Community Support Program Team (casual and permanent employees);
- Program Development/Client Service Matching;
- Operational Management; and
- Stakeholder Relationship Management.
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience to offer:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or extensive relevant experience in Community Services, NDIS, My Aged Care
- Solid experience in managing a team, supervision and promoting work performance in a fair and effective way
- Experience working with people with HIV and/ or disability/aged care in home services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, Client Database management (ideally Lumary) and Rostering System Software (ideally Skedulo)
- Organisational change
In addition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Provide or undergo a ‘Working with Children’ clearance;
- Undergo a Police Records Check (arranged through BGF);
- Valid, unencumbered drivers licence in NSW;
- Provide COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Australian Government (Due to the public funding arrangement we require all employees to be vaccinated at this point of time)
We advise you to submit your completed application as early as possible and not to wait until the deadline. We will start the shortlisting process as we receive applications. We will be in touch with you if you are shortlisted and progress to the next steps.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or extensive relevant experience complemented by quality in-service training (E)
- Strong proven management, leadership and organisational skills (E)
- A sound working knowledge of existing services in the fields of HIV, disability, mental health and ageing (E)
- Advanced skills in negotiating beneficial outcomes (E)• Strong interpersonal relationship skills (E)
- High-level expertise in computer programs eg Microsoft Office 365 applications, Client Database management
(ideally Lumary) and Rostering System Software (ideally Skedulo); E)
- Developed problem-solving skills (E)
- Attention to detail (E)
- Communication skills – clear articulation both in the written and spoken word (E)
- Presentation skills (D)
How to Apply
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the full position description carefully and briefly explain why you think you are suitable for the role by addressing the key areas of responsibility in the covering letter.
Should you have any questions please contact our Director – People, Culture and Administration, Moto Kotsuka via email to email@example.com
BGF is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages persons with a lived experience of HIV to apply.
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia's longest running HIV charity. Founded in 1984, BGF provides emotional, financial and practical support to people living with HIV (PLHIV). HIV treatment has come a long way since the 80s, but with a diverse new generation of PLHIV facing stigma reminiscent of the 80s, the need for support remains strong. BGF works to change social attitudes around HIV, to reduce fear, discrimination and stigma and promote acceptance and understanding, working also at a systemic level to influence policy and service development.
To help people with HIV to thrive.
BGF provides high quality client services and health promotion programs, as well as advocating with and for people with HIV.
Compassion, Solidarity, Empowerment and Inclusivity.
Join our team of dedicated professionals working in the community to support people living with HIV to build and maintain their independence.