We are seeking experienced applicants for a part-time (20 hours per week) Family Case Worker role in our Targeted Earlier Intervention program to be located at our Katoomba (Blue Mountains) centre. This program is funded by the NSW Department of Communities & Justice.
The purpose of this role is to be provide assistance and support for parents and community through a combination of case management, group work, education groups and individual family support with a focus on prevention and early intervention.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Child and family support | undertake individual assessments, provide responsive service delivery through goal setting and other strategies, in a respectful and non-judgemental approach
- Group work | undertake planning, facilitation and evaluation of children’s or parenting groups either in-house or in a community setting (eg school)
- Program support | contribute to the effective functioning and development of the service through involvement in projects, contribution to team development and support of other programs where possible or directed by your supervisor
- Relationship management | develop strong professional relationships with clients, other Thrive staff and other external stakeholders to contribute to the effective functioning of the service and supporting improved outcomes
- Administration | ensure client documentation is kept up to date and well maintained in accordance to policy, and complete other ranges of administrative duties contributing to the efficient running of the service
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Social Work|
|Job Field||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
To be successful in your application you will need appropriate tertiary qualifications in social or behavioural sciences, and have at least 3 years relevant experience paired with a theoretical knowledge working with children and their parents/carers in relation to child safety and development.
Ideally the successful applicant would also be trained and confident in planning and facilitation of evidence-based parenting or education group work.
You will also need to have demonstrated experience in managing caseloads and effective time management, with specific reference to providing family case management to children, young people and their parents in home, community or centre-based settings.
- Demonstrated experience and at least 3 years’ experience undertaking family support and case management working with families with complex needs or vulnerabilities (eg family violence, mental health, drug & alcohol misuse, etc.)
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Sciences or other area relevant to the role and your application.
- Experience of child protection processes and mandatory reporting responsibilities, including knowledge or impact of neglect and harm to children.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience and training in group work planning, facilitation and evaluation in particular parenting and/or children’s programs (eg Circle of Security, Positive Parenting Program, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail and capacity to complete quality work outcomes and accountability, including prior experiencing using case management databases, statistics collation and MS Office programs).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work within professional & respective boundaries and to ensure safety of self and others at all times.
- Good organisational and time management skills, and experience working to deadlines.
- Knowledge of existing services and community profile (or ability to gain these) of the Blue Mountains and Nepean areas.
- Current Working with Children Check and National Criminal Check.
- Current Driver’s licence and use of own comprehensively insured vehicle.
Remuneration for this position is SCHADS Level 4, with option to salary package.
How to Apply
Contact Jenny Reid (Program Manager) at email@example.com for criteria & other information.
Blue Mountains Family Support Service Inc. (t/as Thrive Services)
Thrive Services provides family and homelessness support for families, as well as practical drop-in assistance for the whole of the Blue Mountains community. We also provide family and youth support programs in Lithgow. We are committed to social justice and inclusion by providing the best possible range of service delivery & building family capacity using strengths-based and solution-focused frameworks.