This is a unique opportunity to join ACON and support the development, implementation, and evaluation of our suicide prevention programs.
· A passion for improving the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ+ communities
· Make a significant contribution to peer-led suicide prevention
· Join a highly motivated and enthusiastic team focused on LGBTQ+ health equity and empowerment
We are seeking a committed and passionate person to support the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion, education strategies and peer-led workshops aimed at strengthening mental health and resilience and preventing suicide in sexuality and gender diverse communities.
This position will also maintain and contribute to HERE.org.au, ACON’s digital LGBTQ+ information hub on suicide and situational distress.
|April 3, 2023
|NCOSS Community Jobs
|$80,000 — $90,000
We are looking for someone who has:
· Work experience or professional qualifications in community services, social work, public health, health education, health promotion or public policy, including an understanding of current practices in mental health and suicide prevention.
· Demonstrated organisational and project management skills.
· Highly developed digital skills, with demonstrated experience in using content management systems, online engagement and/or social media management.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, with the ability to represent the organisation in a range of forums and to adapt communication styles depending on the audience.
· Experience in peer group facilitation, adult education, training, and/or public speaking.
· Lived experience or intimate understanding of the mental health, suicide prevention and support needs of LGBTQ+ people and communities.
How to Apply
All applications must include:
1. a completed ACON application form;
2. a document addressing BOTH the essential and desirable selection criteria; and
3. your resume.
Please download the Job Application Guide at https://www.acon.org.au/about-acon/jobs/
ACON Health Limited
ACON is an EEO employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, people with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
|0418 904 116