This position delivers culturally appropriate services through the Aboriginal Child Youth and Family program to Aboriginal families with children 0-17 years.
- Provide child focused outreach family support to families who have dependent children. A holistic approach is to be taken in providing a supportive role when assisting parents in improving their parenting skills and creating a safer environment for their children.
- The Caseworker will adhere to guidelines and provide quality services to clients through case management and support, assessing the strengths and needs of the child and family, including any risks, planning, and coordination of a variety of culturally appropriate supported services. To meet the individual child’s needs while monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the services being delivered.
- Maintain professional development, understanding and apply reporting requirements including Mandatory Reporting and other legislative requirements.
- A function of the Caseworker is to undertake activities to implement the case plans for client and families including information and advice, support, advocacy, and referrals to relevant agencies or specialist services, and skills development to help the client and family achieve outcomes and independence.
- They will ensure that all reporting and case files (paper based and electronic) are of the highest standard, and data is protected to ensure client’s information is private and confidential.
- The Caseworker will deliver services in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and Code of Conduct and in accordance with conditions identified in funding agreements.
|Applications Close||December 11, 2023|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Social Work|
|Job Field||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, Family, Children and Youth|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
1. Qualification in welfare or related discipline
2. Experience providing support to children, young people and or families
3. Demonstrate your understanding of the issues affecting families, including homelessness, mental health, drug and alcohol and domestic violence
4. Understanding of issues affecting families with child protection concerns
5. Experience facilitating groups
6. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in developing professional and interagency relationships
7. Proven ability to maintain accurate and thorough case notes and complete reporting requirements to the highest standard
8. Competence in use of keyboard and standard PC software including excel
9. Current full drivers licence and access to a vehicle with comprehensive insurance
10. NSW Working with Children Check Clearance & Criminal Record Check
Macarthur Family and Youth Services considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).Pay Level: Social Community, Home Care and Disability
Services Industry Award 2010 Level 3 or 4 depending on qualifications and experience.
As a not for profit organisation, our employees take advantage of:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 of salary tax free.
- Salary packaging up to $2,650 meal / entertainment.
- Internal and cultural external supervision.
- Flexible work arrangement including Working from Home subject to operational needs.
- Christmas shutdown with leave.
- 6 weeks Long Service Leave at 7.5 years.
- Laptop and phone
- EAP – independent confidential counselling.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Team building activities that include cultural and Christmas lunches, celebrating achievements and monthly awards / recognition.
- Celebrating NAIDOC and other cultural events.
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members.
How to Apply
Your application will need to include:
- Your current resume
- Statement against each of the Selection Criteria outlined in this Job Description
To receive the information package and selection criteria please contact the administration team on: 02 4620 4667 or email@example.com
If you have questions relating to the position please contact Team Leader Natalie Roach on: 02 4620 4667
Please email your application to the Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Monday, 11 December 2023.
When progressing to interview you will be required to provide three referees including your most recent supervisors.
Macarthur Family & Youth Services
|Phone number||02 4620 4667|