- This event has passed.
NCOSS member rates available for Governance Institute of Australia online courses
December 7, 2020 @ 8:00 am - March 30, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
The Governance Institute of Australia (GIA) is a national membership association that is advocating for a community of 40,000 governance and risk management professionals around Australia.
As "the only Australian provider of chartered governance accreditation", GIA offers a range of short courses, certificates and postgraduate study.
By special arrangement, GIA is offering online courses to Fams members at prices that are normally reserved for GIA members.
NCOSS is pleased to announce that the same discounted rates are also available to all NCOSS members.
Check out the course descriptions below and go to the specific webpage link for more details...
This half-day course provides a concise and practical overview of the essentials of good governance across all sectors.
Why you should register:
- Fast-track, deepen and/or refresh your understanding of governance essentials
- Increase your awareness of emerging issues contributing to good governance.
- Obtain the latest knowledge on governance to drive implementation of good practice
- Learn about key governance initiatives in the Australian marketplace
- Understand the role of regulators, industry bodies and government
- Update your knowledge of key corporate governance roles and how to apply them within your organisation
- Understand how corporate governance contributes to your organisation’s achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
This practical half-day course provides participants with a sound knowledge of officer and director duties as well as the skills required to participate effectively in an Not-for-Profit (NFP) board or management committee.
This informative half-day course provides participants with:
- a sound knowledge of the core duties and legal responsibilities that apply to officers and directors in the NFP sector and the issues that affect them;
- detailed knowledge of the roles and activities of a board of directors or management committee;
- an understanding of the challenges faced in achieving good governance practice in the NFP sector;
- strategies for implementing governance within your organisation.
Supported by a suite of resources, this course is recommended for all professionals who are looking to consolidate their corporate governance knowledge in the NFP sector. It is particularly designed to strengthen the knowledge and capabilities of those who interact with boards.
GOOD GOVERNANCE GUIDES
Don't forget to check out the Good Governance Guides that are available on Fams website:
• Separation of authority between board and management
• Issues to consider when developing director induction processes
• Board papers
• Volunteer management
• Issues to consider material personal interests
• Conflicts of interest nfp organisations