The NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS) works with and for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage in NSW to make positive change in our communities. When rates of poverty and inequality are low, everyone in NSW benefits.
With 80 years of knowledge and experience informing our vision, NCOSS is uniquely placed to bring together civil society to work with government and business to ensure communities in NSW are strong for everyone.
As the peak body for the community sector in NSW we support the sector to deliver innovative services that grow and evolve as needs and circumstances change.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners and custodians of the country on which we work. We pay respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Join us today to be part of making the change you want to see in NSW.
When you join, things change
Our members ensure we are influential, effective and truly representative.
When you join you help set the NCOSS agenda that has been making change around key debates affecting the community for 80 years.
Our members have been critical in achieving the following in the past few years alone:
- The development and introduction of the billion dollar Social and Affordable Housing Fund
- Funding to pursue an action plan for the economic empowerment of all women and girls in NSW and beyond
- A funding extension for disability advocacy organisations in NSW in the midst of transition to the NDIS
- Securing fee free training for people experiencing domestic and family violence
- A better working relationship between the government and the sector around contracting, commissioning and benchmarking through the Social Innovation Council, including a commitment to introduce a consistent Human Services Agreement and benchmarking framework
How we work with you
- NCOSS works on projects with communities on key issues for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage.
- NCOSS engages with communities across NSW to understand what is happening on the ground and inform our policy and advocacy work.
- NCOSS supports communities to tackle complex social problems through innovative solutions, partnerships and collaborations.
- NCOSS coordinates a number of advice groups, alliances and forums to facilitate policy development and advocacy on key issues for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage.
Find out more about how you can get involved with NCOSS work by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org