The NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS) works with and for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage in NSW to make positive change in our communities.
As the peak body for health and community services in NSW for over 80 years we support the sector to deliver crucial services that make a difference.
We work directly with communities to identify the challenges they face and solutions that will allow them to overcome those challenges.
Through collaboration with communities, services and across government, the private sector and other civil society organisations we work to see these solutions become a reality.
Together we are working for a NSW free from poverty and inequality
Join us today to be part of making the change you want to see in NSW.
When you join, things change
Our members ensure we are influential, effective and truly representative.
When you join you help set the NCOSS agenda that has been making change around key debates affecting the community for 80 years.
Our members have been critical in achieving the following in the past few years alone:
- The development and introduction of the billion dollar Social and Affordable Housing Fund
- Funding to pursue an action plan for the economic empowerment of all women and girls in NSW and beyond
- A funding extension for disability advocacy organisations in NSW in the midst of transition to the NDIS
- Securing fee free training for people experiencing domestic and family violence
- A better working relationship between the government and the sector around contracting, commissioning and benchmarking through the Social Innovation Council, including a commitment to introduce a consistent Human Services Agreement and benchmarking framework
How we work with you
NCOSS coordinates a number of policy advice groups, alliances and forums to facilitate policy development and advocacy on key issues for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage.
NCOSS campaigns with communities on key issues for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage.
NCOSS runs annual regional roadshows visiting communities across NSW to understand what is happening on the ground and inform our policy and advocacy work.
NCOSS manages the Collective which supports communities to tackle complex social problems through collaboration and collective action.
Find out more about how you can get involved with NCOSS work by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org