This position is required at both Delvena in Lane Cove & occasionally Bringa in Dee Why.
The Centre is managed by a Board of Directors. The Centre’s services are delivered by a team of professional staff and supported by the General Manager of Women & Children First.
The general duties and responsibilities for this position are detailed in the “SCHADS Award Classification Description" for this positions “Level”, in addition, the following specific duties and responsibilities also relate to this position:
- In-depth intake assessment of referrals of clients and their children for legal, psychological, health, housing, income maintenance, immigration and safety issues
- Induction and settling in of clients into the refuges
- Crisis counselling
- Ongoing intensive casework and strengths-based case management of refuge and transitional housing clients working towards independent living
- Strengths-based case management with other women clients who have experienced domestic abuse, as appropriate, and are at imminent risk of homelessness
- Referral to and advocacy on behalf of clients with appropriate agencies and services for legal, counselling, health, financial, housing and immigration needs
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information, advice, referral and other assistance to WCF clients as required
- High-level record-keeping and file maintenance
- Data entry on CIMS
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in local networks and committees, as appropriate and approved
- Shared responsibility for overall cleanliness and tidiness of the Centre
- Adherence to WC&F policies and procedures, including WHS requirements and the WC&F Code of Conduct
- Rostered on-call responsibilities
- Other job-related duties as directed.
|Applications Close||October 22, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Social Work|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., social work, social science, welfare.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the fields of domestic abuse, child protection and homelessness
- Understanding of legal processes in welfare, family law and ADVO proceedings and complex needs in homelessness
- Comprehensive knowledge of welfare and housing systems, particularly as they relate to homelessness and risk of homelessness, domestic abuse and child protection
- Commitment to professional integrity and accountability
- Commitment to working in a collegiate, collaborative and co-operative manner
- Strong case management skills
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and prioritise
- NSW Drivers license
- First Aid and CPR Certificates
How to Apply
Applications to be sent by 5pm Friday 22 October 2021
Women & Children First (previously Manly Warringah Womens Resource Centre)
Women & Children First is a not-for-profit organization that offers support for single women, and women with children, escaping domestic family abuse and violence or/and at risk of homelessness. Our service provides crisis accommodation, ongoing case management, family support and transitional housing.