Community Minds (CM) is a not for profit community development organisation and registered charity based in south west Sydney. We work across a diverse range of sectors and stakeholders ranging from schools, community organisations, local councils to businesses, offering support, training and programs that promote asset-based community development and citizen driven efforts.
We deliver workshops and training related to community development, as well as participate in conferences and events both locally and internationally.
Geographical spread or limits: Based in Sydney, New South Wales, but work across Australia and overseas.
We have extensive experience in providing the following services and support;
- Training Workshops in Asset Based community Development & Appreciative Inquiry
- Consultancy, Professional Development & Capacity Building for Not for profit sector
- Cross-Cultural & Social Cohesion Community Events
- Host Community Development Forums & Conferences
- Delivery of Community Minds programs: Community Minded Kids, Community Minded Leaders and Community Minded Businesses
- Facilitate Community Conversations and Collaborative Community Efforts
- Community Consultations & Asset Mapping
Values and principles statement
Community Minds Core Values:
We are continuously striving to put inclusive values into action. We value and encourage participation and engagement of children and young people, senior members of our community, diverse cultural and faith-based groups, diverse geographical communities, community organisations and private enterprises.
We encourage participation of children, young people, senior members, diverse cultural and faith-based groups, geographical communities, community organisations and private enterprises.
Our philosophy and practices aim to inspire people to become more community minded. Our purpose is to inspire others to get involved in building and supporting their communities.
We honour our commitments and constantly strive for veracity in the work we produce and relationships we form. People, community groups and organisations rely on and trust us because we deliver on what we promise.
We honour our commitments and constantly strive for veracity in the work we produce and relationships we form by delivering on what we promise.
We strive to offer innovative programs and solutions to advance, develop and engage communities. We are constantly looking at new ways to build stronger communities and consult with creative minds that challenge the status quo.
We look at new ways to build stronger communities and consult with creative minds that challenge the status quo to offer innovative solutions to advance, develop and engage communities.
Philosophy – Our Approach
- Asset Based and Strengths Based Approach – we focus on what is working well and what assets can be harnessed
- Everyone (broad representation – not just professionals) is a stakeholder in community building.
- Changing Mindsets to bring about change. CM believes that genuine and lasting change in people, organisations and communities occurs when people’s mindset shifts, and perceptions change.
- We want to BUILD stronger communities not HELP communities.
- Solidarity vs. Charity. Building capacity and connections is our focus. People thrive when valued and have their passions and purpose realised.
|1300 264 637
PO Box 3469 Bankstown Centro Bankstown NSW 2200