Case Worker - 28 Hours P.W. (SCHADS Level 5)
St George Accommodation For Youth
We are seeking a second Caseworker to join our hardworking, happy team.
Our mission is to deliver high quality, trauma informed care in a client centred environment that supports young people to break the cycle of homelessness.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a support role with young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, in supported, transitional housing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a support role with young people who are managing their mental health, newly arrived and who may have complex needs.
- Demonstrated delivery of client centred, strengths based Case Management support to young people, within a trauma informed care framework.
- Demonstrated advocacy and experience, working within the N.S.W. Residential Tenancy Act 2010.
- Demonstrated experience networking and building relationships with youth and community housing providers, mental health teams/providers & support services.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to policy development.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills.
- Tertiary qualifications or similar qualifications or experience for Criteria 1-8.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Demonstrated computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Current N.S.W. Drivers license and own registered vehicle.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Understanding of Specialist Housing Service – SHS model.
- Knowledge of SHS Data Collection/CIMS
- Current First Aid Certificate