Marrickville Youth Resource Centre
Classification: SACS employee Level 4.1
Award: Social, Community, Home care and Disability Service Industry Award 2010
Salary: $42.89 per hour (based on 63hrs per fortnight)
Hours: 1 x 63 hour fortnight (9 days, Mon – Thurs 10am – 6pm, Fri 9am – 5pm)
Date of Commencement: April, 2020
- 12 month fixed term contract of employment in the role of Case Worker.
- Your employment is subject to an appraisal to be completed by the Director within 3 months (probationary period) of the commencement of this contract.
Responsible to: On a day to day basis the Director and overall, the MYRC Board of Directors
- Support and Advocate for young people and their families.
- Conduct a suitability and needs assessment of referrals/inquiries made to MYRC.
- Provide casework to young people and/or their families including information and advice, support, advocacy and referral.
- Work in partnership with professionals from other community organisations that support young people.
- Work to support the client achieve positive self-determined outcomes
- Support young people in various settings, including outreach work
- Work in collaboration with the other staff and volunteers of the centre.
- Prepare reports on case client activity according to operational, strategic plan including statistical data and outcomes data and in line with DEX accountability.
- Keep statistical data on client use of the service.
- Work in accordance with the centres Code of conduct and policy and procedure manual.
- Represent the centre to the community through services, activities, networks and partnerships.
- Build and maintain the reputation of the centre for quality services working with young people and as a safe and supportive environment for young people.
- Support the involvement of young people in the centres activities.
- Participate in the overall planning, development and evaluation of MYRC as a whole.
- Regularly monitor and review the quality of Case Work services MYRC delivers.
- Mentor, coach and support individuals to facilitate personal, social and educational growth, as well as encourage greater social inclusion.
- Assist in the development of all case work related policy & procedures.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- To facilitate person centred goal-based case work specifically targeted to the needs of young people (12-24yrs) according to the Marrickville Youth Resource Centre philosophy statement and policies and procedures.
- Provide casework to a limited number of young people and/or their families including information and advice, support, advocacy and referral.
- Work under general direction of senior employees, applying a high level of knowledge and skills to achieve the goals of MYRC.
- To deliver the services and activities of the Marrickville Youth Resource Centre.
- Participate in individual supervision, team supervision & team meetings.
- Participate in Staff development and training activities as appropriate and approved by the Board of directors.