Youth Access Clinician - headspace
- Exciting opportunity to work with youth access and vocational teams at headspace Bankstown
- Work with a dynamic and innovative recovery-focused youth organisation
- Ongoing professional support provided with extensive clinical supervision and professional development opportunities
headspace Bankstown is looking for an experienced Youth Access Clinician to join the team! The position available is part-time (0.6 FTE) working three days a week.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace provides young people with the opportunity to seek help early. headspace brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information they need.
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for the provision of clinical mental health services for the youth in Bankstown including:
- Delivering quality, evidence-based recovery focused mental health services including assessments, individualised person-centered planning and coordination, therapeutic interventions and specialised career development services.
- Identifying and implementing community based activities that will support the social and emotional well being of the young person on their recovery journey
- Offering initial education and guidance on routine clinical matters and co-designing vocational plans with the young person, incorporating input from family, friends and the multidisciplinary team.
- Providing support and information to family and significant others, by engaging in telephone and/or face-to-face contact with families of young people
- Promoting family involvement in treatment planning through collaboration with the headspace Bankstown team
- Providing assistance with job seeking, job applications and interview preparation by liaising with local employment/education service providers or accompanying young people to interviews where appropriate.
- In collaboration with clinical staff; developing, promoting and delivering family forums and education sessions for families and significant others.
Flourish Australia is seeking to employ a proactive and motivated individual, who enjoys both teamwork and working autonomously. The successful candidate will have experience working within the Mental Health sector combined with relevant qualifications. You must also be currently registered, or be actively working towards registration (National or State) as a Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse or other allied health professional.