Waverley Action for Youth Services (WAYS)
- 4 days a week Part time , with flexible hours
- Salary is dependant on experience. Ranges from $80,000 – $85,000
Reporting to the CEO, the principal purpose of the Finance Manager is to manage the finance functions of WAYS Youth & Family to enhance the financial performance, sustainability and compliance of WAYS through best practice financial management. The Finance Manager is accountable for financial administration, reporting and acquitting finances to funding bodies and managing the organisations payroll system. The finance manager is the focal point for advice and technical expertise in financial management, for the Board, CEO and Managers and plays a key role in contributing to the development and implementation of the financial strategy of the organisation. With the CEO, this role also manages the budgeting processes to monitor, control, approve and evaluate costs, revenues and cash flows, as well as conducting evaluations and risk assessment to forecast WAYS long‐term financial position.
We are seeking applicants with:
- Suitable/relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting.
- At least 5 years or more experience in accounting and financial management
- Desirable but not essential : CA or CPA qualified
- Knowledge of Acts, Regulations and professional practices relating to financial accounting and management in not for profit organisations
- Appropriate experience in working with financial management systems
- Experience and knowledge of a range of management accounting techniques as applied in a multifaceted, regulated environment
- Experience in using Xero and or other relevant financial accounting software
- The ability to contribute to the financial expertise for the development and/or assessment of a business case for a new service
- Understanding of Accreditation Standards and Regulations, as they affect financial management in the not for profit service sector.
- Experience in not‐for‐profit sector and regulatory requirements