Greenacre Area Community Centre
- Permanent part time - 4 hours per week
- SCHCADS AWARD
We are a community centre, looking for a creative and energetic person to assist in the running of a weekly supported playgroup, for children 0-5 and their parents/carers.
Your role is to work closely with the Playgroup Coordinator and other staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth delivery of the playgroup program to achieve playgroup outcomes.
You will be responsible for organising a program of creative and stimulating play opportunities for children and their families in a social and friendly environment, as well as supporting families with information and facilitating positive interaction and sharing.
To be eligible for the position you must meet the following Essential Criteria.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care OR Early Childhood Degree
- Current Provide First Aid in Education and Care, CPR and Child Protection training certificates.
- Current Working With Children Check
- Ability to perform safe manual handling tasks. This role will include the lifting of tables, chairs and necessary equipment.
- Fluency in English, excellent written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Previous work experience in similar setting
- Community language