Alcohol and Other Drug (WHOS Gateway)
We Help Ourselves
We are currently looking for a Casual to join the WHOS Gateway Aftercare/Outreach service.
The primary focus of the role is to work with clients in the Aftercare (‘Gateway’) phase of the WHOS program based in Rozelle (NSW). This program is for those clients who have completed the main residential treatment programs and focuses on their re-integration back into the community through a structured and supported program.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Minimum Cert IV in AOD / Community Services
- Minimum two years paid work in Alcohol & Other Drugs treatment services
- Case management experience
- Experience and knowledge of assisting clients into employment and training, relapse prevention and the development of independent living skills
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Computer literacy and word processing skills
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Therapeutic Community model.
The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to maintaining data records in relation to KPIs relating to this service and producing monthly activity reports.