Foster Care Case Manager
Anglican Community Services (Trading as Anglicare)
• This is a rewarding permanent full-time position based at Telopea
• Work alongside a team of experienced practitioners in the Out of Home Care sector
• Make a real and lasting difference in the lives of children and families!
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available, based with the foster care team at Telopea, for a Foster Care Case Manager who is seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children in care and their families.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures that all case management aspects of foster care placements are coordinated and implemented.
- Ensures that all parties are involved in implementing the child’s case plan by clearly communicating roles and responsibilities, with a particular focus on supporting the needs children with a case plan of restoration, or children identified for guardianship or adoption.
- Ensures foster carers maintain required Standards through foster carer recruitment, assessments, reviews and training.
- Ensures client information is reviewed regularly and kept up to date by completing reports and file documentation in accordance with OOHC and agency requirements.
- Ensures ongoing professional development by attending regular clinical supervision, practice consultations, training, forums, courses and other professional development activities as agreed with Manager.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- University degree qualification in social work, psychology or welfare/community services
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- Understanding of out-of-home care issues and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, attachment and the impact of abuse and trauma on children
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, counselling and casework
- Knowledge of child protection and family support processes
- Valid Working with Children's Check
Are you a skilled Case Manager with high level communication and organisational abilities, seeking a dynamic, supportive workplace culture? We’d like to hear from you!