Assistant Recreation Officer
Blacktown City Council (Leonards Adverting on behalf of)
Job No: BC1383
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council is seeking a suitably experienced and qualified person to join Council's Community section delivering sport, recreational and art programs for users at Emerton Youth Recreation Centre.
You will provide a comprehensive sport, recreation and art program that will encourage young people to use Emerton Youth Recreation Centre for sport, leisure and recreational purposes with a particular focus on Arts and Cultural experiences and/or Sporting experiences. You will also be responsible for the ongoing provision of information to the Recreation Supervisor on funding programs and initiatives available to Council for the continual development of programs and services.
This position is required to work evenings and Saturdays during school terms.
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Sport, Recreation or Leisure Studies or related discipline
- Two (2) years relevant experience working with youths in conducting recreational programs, especially of an indoor nature
- Current class C driver's licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,230.40 - $1,378.10 (Grade 8) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.