Financial Rights Legal Centre
We are seeking to employ a full time, enthusiastic Communications Officer to support the policy and advocacy work of Financial Rights for a 12 month contract. The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the consumer rights advocacy work of Financial Rights in helping reform the banking, insurance and superannuation sectors following the Financial Services Royal Commission. This would be a great job for a communications graduate who is interested in doing social justice work as well as coming up with creative communications solutions for a fast paced legal centre.
The Communications Officer will work as part of Financial Rights’ small policy team to:
- Develop, implement and maintain the Financial Rights’ communications plan;
- Liaise, engage and manage stakeholder relationships, particularly media stakeholders, to promote financial services consumer protection;
- Manage, enhance and promote the information resources across our three websites and enhance and maintain our publications in the digital environment;
- Coordinate, draft, prepare, sub-edit and edit public facing written material including our E-flyer, media releases, Annual Reports, op-eds, publicity material, factsheets etc.;
- Manage our digital resources and liaise with our technology providers to maintain our websites; and
- Liaise with the internal stakeholders, including legal and financial counselling teams to help collect case studies of systemic policy value arising from the Centre’s casework.