Key objectives of the position
The position has a focus on building Homelessness NSW’s capability in leading policy discussion to effect social change and achieve outcomes to prevent and address homelessness.
The position aims to ensure the seamless planning and coordination of Homelessness NSW projects, including its biennial conference, policy forums and other events. This may also have a regional and rural focus.
The key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Develop and manage key Homelessness NSW policy events, including its biennial conference and policy forums;
- Support the implementation of other Homelessness NSW policy projects;
- Develop and support Homelessness NSW knowledge base on key policy issues;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Liaise with the CEO & Manager, Policy and Research regarding requirements, including project planning, budgets and other duties to ensure the smooth management of projects
- Administrative duties such as promotion, bookings, catering and function inquiries
- Other duties consistent with the position and as directed from time to time by the immediate manager
The position will have responsibility for managing project budgets.
Staff reporting to this position – Nil
The position reports to the Manager, Policy and Research