Manager, International Student Support
University NSW - Government and Corporate
- $124K - $131K + 17% super + Leave Loading
- Full time 35 hours per week
About the role
The primary purpose of the Manager, International Student Support is to ensure support services for international students are compliant with the National Code and ESOS Act 2000, with responsibilities pertaining to care arrangements for younger overseas students, critical incident management and case management and proactive support services more broadly.
About the Successful Candidate
- A tertiary qualification in a psychology, counselling or social work discipline, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience
- Possess a sound understanding of issues and challenges facing international students of numerous diverse backgrounds and the requirements of the ESOS Act and National Code
- Ability to manage complex and sensitive cases and critical incidents in an empathetic, structured and effective manner
- Experience in supervising case management staff and leading debriefs
- Excellent leadership and people management experience, with demonstrated track record in successfully developing and leading a collaborative and high performing team
- Experience in evaluating services for a diverse client group and making recommendations for improvement, preferably in the education sector or migrant communities
- Ability to lead strategic change and deliver new initiatives within a service delivery environment for a large and complex workplace
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside the university, including the proven ability to harness collaborative and impactful working relationships
- Demonstrated high level organisational ability and initiative that exhibits attention to detail, work planning to meet deadlines and the ability to prioritise competing demands in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated operational management experience in a large, multifaceted environment, including report delivery, data gathering and presentation and/or involvement in audit processes
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria nominated in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
P: 9385 0670
Applications close: 20th October
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.