Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Leading Not For Profit Organisation
- Part time opportunity- 3 days per week role
- Based in Blacktown
- Salary packaging available
We have an opportunity for a talented individual with a background working with families with complex needs including separation, to join us as a Family Advisor. This position is based in our Blacktown Centre. In this hands on, client focused role you'll make a powerful difference to people, families and communities across New South Wales.
RANSW provides relationship support services for individuals, couples, families and communities. We are a not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our goal is to promote relationships that are safe, healthy and resilient.
About the role
In this role you will be working with parents in the area of post separation services.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional telephone and face-to-face client services including;
- engaging clients,
- providing needs assessments,
- referral to appropriate services,
- case management,
- client advocacy
- Assisting in the facilitation of parent educational groups and seminars;
- Participating in community events and interagency meetings;
- Being part of a tight-knit dedicated team of Family Advisors and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners who deliver quality services to families with complex needs and those who require post separation services.
Who we are looking for?
This is a part time position working 3 days per week. Some afterhours work will be required for this position.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in social work, counselling, psychology, welfare, or health related services;
- Demonstrable skills in client assessment, engagement, and awareness of issues relating to client safety, confidentiality, and the requirements of relevant legislation (Care and Protection of Children Act, Family Law Act, and Privacy Act);
- Understanding of domestic violence and child protection;
- Understanding of families and children - A broad understanding of children's development, the needs and issues faced by children, and their families, who face crises, domestic violence, child protection matters, family separation and/or other family disruptions, as well as ways to assist clients to address these issues;
- Proficiency in the use of IT for data entry, record keeping, and communication.