Lead Practitioner Children & Family Services
CatholicCare NT (Big Spalsh on behalf of)
- SCHADS Award Level 7 - $99,897 trp (including salary $90,123)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full Time Position
We have a newly created position for a Lead Practitioner to join our Berrimah team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in providing expert support and guidance to ensure delivery of high quality counselling services as well as Children's Contact Centre changeovers and supervised contact visits. The position reports directly to the Regional Manager Darwin.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and mentor program staff with a strong clinical focus, applying professional knowledge and support whilst providing direct services and managing complex client work. We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to supervise and mentor staff in trauma informed approaches, which includes an understanding of attachment and emotional regulation.
You will have the willingness to develop skills in the Children's Contact Centre Services operation; in addition, you will support team members to develop their knowledge relating to risks of abuse, neglect and family violence, and ways to respond.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology and minimum of five years' experience in relevant clinical practice and leadership (including supervision of counsellors)
- Demonstrated experience leading counselling and/ or post separation services and programs
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW, or ACA and ACCSA, APA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills encompassing report writing, case note writing, supervision, and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff, and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au