Qualifications, experience and mandatory requirements
● Relevant tertiary qualification/s in Social Work, Community Work, Social
Sciences or similar.
● Minimum two years experience in a caseworker role providing support to
women and families with complex trauma histories and support needs.
● Experience in working with Child Protection issues, and knowledge of Child
Protection legislation and tools.
● Knowledge and understanding of relevant referral pathways to health,
education, employment, recreational, cultural, housing, mental health, legal,
drug and alcohol and other support services.
● Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people and communities,
and an understanding of the strengths of Aboriginal people and the impacts
of intergenerational trauma on Aboriginal people residing in Redfern,
Waterloo and surrounding areas of the City of Sydney LGA.
● Understanding of issues affecting women from CALD backgrounds.
● Understanding of the social justice issues facing women and children residing
in Redfern, Waterloo and surrounding areas in the City of Sydney LGA.
Understanding and demonstrated experience of working within a trauma
informed and healing centred, strength based, person centred, feminist, and
culturally appropriate framework.
● An ability to understand and manage community dynamics.
● NSW Working with Children Clearance
● Driver’s License.
Skills and attributes
● Highly developed time management and organisational skills demonstrating
attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
● Ability to work independently and use initiative.
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Strong advocacy skills.
● Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills.
● Ability to work as a team member and with a high degree of autonomy.
● Strong computer and IT literacy skills.
● Common sense and an excellent sense of humour.