Aboriginal Legal Access Program Worker
Western Sydney Community Legal Centre
The primary purpose of this position is to help build meaningful and trusted connections between our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and the Centre’s Legal service. This position will support our commitment to provide a culturally appropriate environment and service to our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified position.
Being an Aboriginal Person is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act.
A current Working with Children Check is a requirement of the position.
The position holder reports directly to the Principal Solicitor of WSCLC.
The position holder is required to work independently without direct supervision or where appropriate, with minimal supervision and independently resolve problems.
- Provide assistance through case-management (Hawkesbury and Nepean specific), referral and information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients who contact the Centre.
- Supervise the Aboriginal Legal Access Program Administration Officer in day-to day duties.
- Assist in Community Legal Education Projects in conjunction with the legal service.
- Working with the WSCLC Legal service to provide input into specific Legal Education Projects.
- Develop and maintain community networks and relationships.
- Involvement in the development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service delivery strategies.
- Provide advice as required to the Centre in ensuring that our services are client focused and appropriate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- General duties.
This is a Part time position, working hours are negotiable 10:00 – 2:00 pm
4 days/week. This position is based at our Windsor Office.