ABORIGINAL AND/OR TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & CASE WORKER
Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander professional with community engagement and mental health/wellness casework experience
- Full time role
- Based in Macquarie Park, servicing the Northern Sydney region
- Supportive travel arrangements
RANSW provides relationship support services for individuals, couples, families and communities. We are a not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our goal is to promote relationships that are safe, healthy and resilient.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community Engagement & Case Worker to represent the Caber-ra Nanga Engage program for the Northern Sydney & Beaches Region. This program is funded by the Sydney North Primary Health Network.
About the role
The key objective of Caber-ra Nanga Engage is to link with and provide community based engagement, case management, and promotion activities that build mental health knowledge, cultural safety and wellbeing for Aboriginal people and communities in the Northern Sydney area.
Some of the key responsibilities will be:
- Link with and facilitate community-based engagement opportunities to build awareness of the program;
- Provide culturally appropriate, evidence based case management and wellbeing activities to the community;
- Complement and link existing services such as - drug and alcohol services, suicide prevention and broader social and emotional well-being services;
- Offer flexible service delivery in places where Community live to ensure region wide access;
- Engage with local medical professionals (e.g. GPs) and other Primary Care providers, to foster referrals to the program;
- Support the facilitation of Aboriginal Mental Health First Aid for primary care workforce;
- Advise and contribute to discussions regarding effective mental health services for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
This is a fixed term contract working full time until 30 June 2021 with a possibility of extension. Work related travel within the region is eligible for expense reimbursement in accordance with policy.
About the successful candidate
- Identify as Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander
- Formal qualifications in Social Work, Social Welfare, Social Science, Psychology, Humanities or other relevant disciplines or working towards, and/or equivalent knowledge and experience working in these areas;
- Relevant practice expertise and experience in community engagement, community development, service coordination and promotions;
- Able to demonstrate experience in delivering ‘culturally safe' services with and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities;
- Understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander wellbeing and clinical and cultural responses currently available;
- Knowledge and understanding of community services especially those relating to mental health and family relationships.
Interested applicants are welcome to request more information and attend a meeting or information session at the RANSW Macquarie Park office to learn more about the program and position.
There will be Aboriginal staff present to have a yarn with and to assist with any questions you may have regarding the job and working with RANSW. Please contact Leonnie at email@example.com
to coordinate a meeting.
We enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in our personal and career growth and wellbeing. We have a strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employee network that you would be encouraged to join.