Health Justice Australia
About this position
The development of policy informed by these research and partnership activities, and the advocacy for that policy agenda, are critical to our impact improving health and justice outcomes at a systemic level. If you are passionate about bringing together research and practice-based evidence to advance practical, applied policy for lasting impact, then this position is for you.
The position will work with the CEO and other staff in developing Health Justice Australia’s policy agenda to advance the systemic impact of our work and that of the health justice partnerships we support. Activities include development of policy content and advocacy strategy and the building and maintaining of relationships to support policy advocacy. The Policy Lead is the first dedicated policy role in our evolving team and is ideal for someone with policy and advocacy expertise in areas including but not limited to social determinants of health, access to justice, public health, law, human rights, service innovation or social impact.
Roles and responsibilities
Work with the CEO and colleagues both internally and externally on policy and advocacy activities, including:
- Advise on and draft and develop policy content, including informed by evidence and practice.
- Develop advocacy strategy and activities informed by the work of health justice partnerships and the priorities of Health Justice Australia, including discussion papers, submissions and other content.
- Convene consultative processes including roundtables and other activities to identify different and shared agendas and build momentum across a range of actors working towards systems change.
- Develop, maintain and nurture relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders across a range of constituencies including communities, service providers, government agencies and others.
- Work collaboratively with Health Justice Australia colleagues to advance the organisation’s theory of change across all its priorities for impact.
- Supervise staff and interns in the development of policy and advocacy strategy.
- Attend consultative and other meetings, conferences and seminars and represent Health Justice Australia as required.
- Other duties as directed and required.