FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PRACTITIONER ( FDRP)
Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Join a great team of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners
- Leading Not-For-Profit organisation
- Based in Blacktown
- Salary Packaging available
- Part Time Position - 3 days per week
We are looking for a talented Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our Family Relationship Centre based in Blacktown Centre. This role provides a range of interventions to families that are experiencing conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding arrangements in relation to children or resolving issues related to finances and property settlement.
RANSW provides relationship support services for individuals, couples, families and communities. We are a not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our goal is to promote relationships that are safe, healthy and resilient.
About the role
This position require the practitioner to be registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975 (see Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008).
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining Family Dispute Resolution service to clients from referral to closure as appropriate, including all clinical and administrative tasks of cases.
- Providing a range of interventions to families who are experiencing conflict post-separation and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children or resolving issues related to finances and property settlement.
- Provide information to clients and potential clients about other options upon separation, including information about counselling and legal processes. Refer clients to other services (internal and external) as required.
Who we are looking for?
This is a part time position, working 3 days per week. We are flexible regarding days of work, and this will be discussed during the recruitment process. Your qualifications, skills and experience will include:
- Registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975;
- A tertiary background in law, social sciences, social work or mediation/dispute resolution
- Demonstrated high level of skills in family dispute resolution including assessments and mediation intervention;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a child focused approach;
- Knowledge of issues facing separating families;
Previous experience in property mediation is desirable.