Community Support Workers - Northern Beaches
Wesley Mission Community Services
Wesley Community & Family Care
- 2x full-time permanent positions
- based in Sydney’s Northern Beaches
- day work, afternoon and weekend shifts
- salary + shift loading + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
This Wesley Mission program provides accommodation and support for veterans experiencing social isolation, poor mental health, post-traumatic stress disorder, and substance addiction. The program provides a transitional focus with an overarching aim of supporting and empowering veterans through a recovery focus to connect to, and live sustainably within their chosen community.
The focus of the service is to provide mental health care and support, whilst also catering for needs related to physical health, accommodation, vocation/education, disability, family and social connection and other co-morbidities. The program offers:
- accommodation assistance
- in community therapeutic care
- transitional support to veterans to successfully live sustainably in their chosen communities
About the role
The Community Support Worker is an appropriately qualified, skilled and experienced worker, who understands the person-centred recovery model within the context of community health, the veteran community and works effectively as part of a team.
As directed by the Program Manager, the Community Support Worker will work collaboratively with the Therapeutic Specialist and the Community Transitions Worker to work as part of a team to assist the veterans to work toward their individual care plan goals and transition into their chosen community. The Community Support Worker supports the management and therapeutic team as they support veterans both at service facilities and outreach as required.
The Community Support Workers will work a rotating 4-week roster with morning and afternoon shifts to meet operational needs. This position has no overnight shifts.
The Community Support Worker:
- supports the participant, Therapeutic Specialist and the Community Engagement Worker to ensure the participant’s care plan activities are supported
- works across a range of time to cover the shift requirement of the program
- completes care plan tasks as directed by the Therapeutic Specialist and the Community Engagement Worker
- takes every reasonable step to support safe and stable accommodation for the participant within the program
- supports participants in accessing mainstream support e.g. mental health, legal, financial counselling services, community and recreational connections, etc.
- ensures all activities are completed and recorded in the database i.e. CareLink+
- makes sure every participant is actively supported
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. The preferred applicants will be required to undergo a criminal record history check.
- relevant tertiary qualifications
- demonstrated experience and understanding of work within the veteran community
- demonstrated experience working with clients with complex mental health needs
- knowledge of and commitment to working in a person-centred recovery-oriented approach excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- must hold a current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- ability to work a 7-day roster with day work and afternoon shifts
- working knowledge of homelessness sector and housing services in NSW
- knowledge of NSW Local Health Districts and their mental health systems.
- experience working remotely within teams
- coaching experience
- not for profit or cause related experience
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5, with capacity for salary. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.