Senior Case Manager: The Haymarket Centre (Full time)
Haymarket Foundation Ltd
The Haymarket Foundation exists to provide opportunities to people who have been marginalised by society. We understand that the people we work with come from a background of complex trauma, and we use this understanding to advocate and deliver multidisciplinary services that are inclusive, safe, and offer freedom of choice.
The Haymarket Centre provides crisis accommodation and support services for people experiencing homelessness while living with mental health and alcohol & other drugs comorbidities. The Centre provides 24 beds for women, men and transgender people over the age of 18 with a focus on access and equity for people from all backgrounds. The Haymarket Centre also offers a number of residential services, including meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) showers, and laundry facilities.
While living in the Haymarket Centre, every resident has the opportunity to participate in a client focused, adaptive case management program. We focus on providing support, stabilisation, and advocacy to establish safe housing pathways for our clients with a goal of long-term, sustainable and independent living.
About the role
In this newly created role, we are seeking an experienced senior case manager who is able to demonstrate leadership within a challenging residential setting. The role is suited to someone who has experience leading case-coordination activities for clients with complex multimorbidities and possesses the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. This role will include a case load component as well as a mentoring component for other case managers.
This fulltime role (76 hours a fortnight Sun - Thurs) reports to the Manager of the Foundation’s Homeless programs. The Haymarket Centre program is located in Chippendale. This role has a salary and conditions as per Grade 5 of the SCHCADS Award. The Haymarket Foundation provides its team with attractive salary sacrifice conditions, opportunities for training and a positive team culture.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of human services frameworks, possess a diverse skill sets across clinical interventions and supporting the Manager within sector meetings, clinics, and external partnerships.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate professional field i.e. Youth Work, Mental Health, Justice System, Counselling, Case Management, Drug and Alcohol, Social Work, Psychology
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a case management role with a working knowledge of human service frameworks.
- Demonstrated communication skills, specifically in systematic advocacy, client rapport building, comprehensive intake and assessment skills, and external relationship building.
- Proven ability to engage with clients and to set clear professional boundaries.
- An understanding and knowledge base of issues face by clients who experience service barriers and rejection.
- Disclosure of any restrictions that impact upon your role as a practitioner
- Successful completion of National criminal record check.
- A current driver’s licence
Desirable Selection Criteria
- A high level of expertise in trauma informed practice and a demonstrated understanding of best practice interventions related to substance dependence, long term complex mental health and “at risk” behaviours