Molonglo Support Services Ltd
Molonglo provides auspice for South Eastern Women’s Domestic Violence Service (SEWDVCAS) providing court advocacy for Queanbeyan, Goulburn, Yass and Cooma Courts and coordinating the Safety Action Meetings for Queanbeyan and Goulburn. In this leadership position, we are seeking a motivated professional who will be responsible for the daily operation of SEWDVCAS, ensuring seamless service and managing and supporting a small team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing and supporting the day to day operations of SEWDVCAS;
- Assisting Molonglo with compliance reporting and other requirements under the WDVCAP Service Agreement, policies and standards;
- Recruiting, supporting and provision of supervision to SEWDVCAS team and seconded workers and ensuring they have access to appropriate training;
- Developing and administering operational policies and administrative tasks, systems and processes for the effective operation of the WDVCAS before, at and after court including the collection, recording, reviewing and storage of client information, conflict of interest, client confidentiality and privacy, referrals to and from the WDVCAS, client and worker safety, staff professionalism, child protection notifications and follow-up assistance.
- Developing and implementing, in consultation with staff, the Service Provider and local community organisations, strategies aimed at ensuring that the WDVCAS is relevant and accessible to a diverse range of women with or without children and is responsive to their needs;
- Developing and implementing strategic and operational plans aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of the WDVCAS and compliance with WDVCAP outcomes;
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key WDVCAS partners including NSW Police Force, Local Courts, legal representatives and referral agencies and facilitating access to those services;
- Sourcing seconded workers from appropriate agencies who can assist in WDVCAS court work where possible; coordinating a roster of seconded workers; ensuring they have the knowledge and skills to undertake WDVCAS work and providing them with regular updates and debriefing.
- Undertaking high level liaison and advocacy with and on behalf of WDVCAS clients where required;
- Providing high-level advice and contributing to legal policy reform through the WDVCAS Network, court user and other forums.