Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
- A fantastic opportunity to join the existing team of Relationship Educator/Group Facilitator
- Casual employment opportunity based in Penrith
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
An exciting opportunity currently exists to join the Penrith Centre as Relationship Educator.
This successful applicant will have a sound understanding of issues affecting couples, families and children including family safety;
This is a casual role and work is dependent upon the group schedule set each term. The successful candidate may be required to work outside of normal office hours (i.e. after 5pm and Saturdays).
About the role
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- To provide quality client service in Relationship Education Group work programs;
- Able to manage complex, challenging client situations including domestic violence, men's violence and children;
- Able to engage with the LGBTIQ+, CaLD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities;
- To work as part of a team to develop the Relationship Education program and courses;
- To actively promote Relationship Education services within RANSW's integrated service provision model.
About the successful candidates
This is a casual position and the qualifications, skills and experience will include:
- Relevant qualifications in counselling, psychology, social work, health promotion, adult education, community welfare or similar field (minimum Diploma level) including group work training;
- Experience responding to domestic violence and to identify and assess risk for all family members;
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of family relationships and the impact of issues affecting couples, families and children including family safety;
- Willingness to participate in clinical supervision and professional development to improve practice and coleaderships;
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.