Family and Community Empowerment Program Worker
CORE Community Services Ltd
The position resources, develops and support programs, activities and networks targeting families, young children and their carer’s including those from Culturally and Linguistically Different Background (CALD) that reside in South West Sydney. This position directly contributes to the development and delivery of programs and activities that address service accessibility barriers of individual children, families and the whole community. This position addresses opportunities for communities to be at the centre of the service system by providing evidence based informed practice, targeting resources for those with the greatest needs and facilitating input in decision-making on the design and delivery of local services. This position adopts a client outcomes focus guided by the TEI Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
The role delivers programs that strengthen families through early intervention strategies and set the foundation for life-long health and learning outcomes. The programs are designed to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children young people and their families and prevent the development or emergence of problems and issues. The program objectives are to assist and promote the necessary conditions for a child or young person’s healthy development.
The role is expected to maintain the balance of multiple tasks while providing a high quality service. It requires a high level of interpersonal and organizational skills, be pro-active and punctual. It requires an accurate typing ability, familiarity with Microsoft software and experience and/or willing to learn DEX and Community Data Solution databases.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Overall day to day administration and management of the project.
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation of the project in consultation with the supervisor.
- Promote the service to the target groups via different methods to ensure best exposure of the programs, activities and events.
- Adhere to the funding body guidelines and expectations by meeting all KPI’s.
- Consult with members of the target group and appropriate service providers in order to identify the needs of the target group.
- Gather information on appropriate existing services and resources, and develop effective means of disseminating this information to members of the target group.
- Encourage and facilitate participation from families, children and communities in the development and delivery of activities programs that adopts a client focus outcome