Young Carer Project Officer
- Part Time, 30 hrs per week, contract position to November 2019
- Rewarding and challenging position in a supportive team
- Based in North Sydney, with travel to regional NSW as a part of the position
This is a varied and rewarding role within our Young Carer Program, specialising in supporting young carers to reach their full potential through awareness raising and outreach activities, information provision, telephone support and referrals to other service providers.
You will be responsible for increasing the capacity of local services by building sustainable relationships and promoting young carer awareness, as well as identifying key referral pathways within the region. In collaboration with schools and other education providers, you will deliver information workshops.
- Tertiary qualifications in Community, Social Work or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills including ability to communicate effectively across a variety of communication platforms (website/social media/newsletters etc.) with audiences ranging from young people to families and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to competently liaise and negotiate with service providers, schools and other institutions.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and good practice
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise workload
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience in delivering presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering innovative activities to children and young people.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, young carer needs