Youth Drug and Alcohol Project Worker
CORE Community Services Ltd
The position will be responsible for the planning and delivery of a range of programs including intake, referral and casework support which aims to provide support to young people aged 12-24yrs old with drug & alcohol issues within Miller and surrounding suburbs.
- Consult with stakeholders to develop and implement alcohol and other drugs early intervention and prevention programs
- Promote and market programs and activities to ensure young people, parents and the community have the opportunity to participate
- Develop appropriate workshops and programs to build client and community’s awareness about alcohol and other drugs and access and to relevant services
- Provide alcohol and other drug case management and group work to individuals, families and groups in the community
- Accept referrals from individuals, families and agencies as well as referring clients to other agencies
- Advocate for clients to participate and connect with community resources, services and information
- Undertake outreach to different services and organisations to provide workshops and programs about alcohol and other drugs, health and wellbeing
- Attend festivals and special events to promote awareness of programs to clients and communities
- Develop research examining impact of “Miller Hub AOD Project” over the 6 month period.