Social Worker - Clerk Grade 6/7 - Domestic Violence Unit - Family Law Division
Legal Aid NSW
As a social worker you will:
• Provide case management to victims of domestic and family violence with complex social and legal needs including referral assistance, risk assessment, safety planning, support in attending Court as well as other services.
• Provide clinical expertise to address the socio-legal needs of victims of domestic and family violence.
• Partner with other legal officers and domestic violence workers to provide coordinated social and legal case management.
• Liaise with external local providers of domestic & family violence services, as well as other services.
• Undertake complex and comprehensive assessments regarding the socio-legal needs of clients and prepare detailed reports for solicitors and Courts, making recommendations where appropriate.
Legal Aid NSW is looking for passionate, hard working and dedicated social workers to join our specialist Domestic Violence Unit on the Central Coast. You will:
• Have experience in providing advice and assistance in family/domestic violence issues
• Have strong interpersonal skills
• Be keen to be part of an exciting multi-disciplinary team with specialist lawyers to assist victims of domestic and family violence who have complex social and legal needs
• 1x Ongoing Opportunity at Gosford (35HPW)
• Enquiries: Katie Kelso on (02) 9219 6363 or Katie.Kelso@legalaid.nsw.gov.au
• Applying for a Role
• Working at Legal Aid NSW
• Package up to $108K