Alcohol and Other Drug Worker (WHOS New Beginnings)
We Help Ourselves
Permanent Part Time
An exciting opportunity exists to become part of a small dynamic team within a larger organisation.
**Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply**
As part of We Help Ourselves, WHOS New Beginnings is an AOD residential service for women, located within the beautiful grounds of Broughton Hall Lilyfield. We require a motivated and enthusiastic woman to fill this AOD Community Services Worker position.
We are looking for a casual staff member.
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD/Community Services
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience working with AOD clients, preferably in a residential setting
- An interest in working with women and an understanding of their related issues
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Group work skills
- Knowledge and understanding of harm minimisation
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Computer literacy and word processing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Therapeutic Community model
Remuneration: Negotiated based on qualifications and experience equivalent to SCHC&D Award. Salary packaging applies.
Being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under Section 31 of the NSW Anti- Discrimination Act.