Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced Caseworker for the Forgotten Australians Support Services
- Multiple part time roles available
- Flexible days of work
- Based in Parramatta and Harris Park, Sydney
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Caseworker for our Trauma Support Service (Wattle Place) to provide casework and psychological support services to Forgotten Australians, inclusive of Former Child Migrants and Stolen Generations who were placed in institutional care.
The program aims to provide quality support to Forgotten Australians and Former Child migrants who were in care in Australia from the 1920's to 1990 with counselling, supported file reading and family tracing, reunion, referrals and social activities.
We have multiple positions available with flexibility to work part time or full time
About the successful candidate
- Formal qualifications / working towards formal qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience in providing psychological support for adults who have experienced trauma (physical, sexual psychological, emotional neglect) as children.
- Ability to provide quality therapeutic casework, to develop individual tailored case plans and coordinate referral to suit client need;
- Ability to travel throughout New South Wales, interstate and work flexible hours;
- Experience with working with Aboriginal And Torres Strait Island people and ability to ensure cultural safety;