Counsellor - Crime Victims & General
Alice Springs Location
- SCHADS Award Level 6 - $89,850 trp (including salary $81,059)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,909.00 p/a)
- Full Time Position
We have a rare opportunity for a Crime Victims and General Counsellor to join our Alice Springs team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in providing counselling and group work to support young people, adults, couples and families to achieve positive outcomes. The position reports directly to the Regional Manager Alice Springs.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide high quality individual and group work counselling services to participants. Key to success within this role will be the capability to apply evidence based, trauma informed methodologies to work towards agreed upon goals and deliver wellbeing outcomes for clients. Collaborating with other services in the sector is important to ensuring outcomes for participants therefore strong networking and community engagement skills are required.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification and postgraduate experience in Psychology or Counselling.
- Demonstrated competency is using a broad range of intervention techniques relevant to children, adolescents and families.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.