Support Worker - Domestic Violence After Hours Response
Applications Closing: Monday, April 22, 2019 - 00:00
- Screening suitability for internal individual and family support services and making referrals to other services where appropriate;
- Providing safety planning, risk assessment, crisis intervention and case coordination services to clients that focuses on responding to the needs of clients, including both physical and psychological;
- Providing ongoing short-term case management services to clients residing in the community who are at risk;
- The ability to assist and engage with clients in crisis requiring emergency accommodation;
- Responding to complex cases using professional judgment and initiative in a timely manner;
- Working from an after-business hours roster that includes evenings during the week and weekends;
- Work offsite, from other CatholicCare offices and from satellite offices based at the premises of other agencies such as Police, Health and other NGO’s.
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., Degree in Social Work, Degree Social Science/ Welfare, Degree in Psychology/Counselling, or related discipline and/or demonstrated relevant industry experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic/family violence and working in the field of domestic/family violence including knowledge and familiarity with legal and other aspects of DV and child protection;
- Detailed knowledge/understanding and experience with housing issues, effective individual case management, undertaking assessments, developing & reviewing case plans, knowledge of mental health and strength-based support;
- A current valid, Australian driver’s licence and your fully insured vehicle
- Current Working with Children’s clearance.
- Being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act.
Date posted: 11 April 2019