City of Sydney Council
Division: CITY LIFE
Unit: SOCIAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Section: CITY SPACES
Salary: AUD 79,703 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
We believe our people are our success, strengthen our organisation and position us to lead, govern, and serve our community enabling us to achieve all that we plan for this spectacular city. Working in the City Spaces team you will oversee the daily activities and operation of the King George V Recreation Centre. KGV is a vibrant multipurpose recreation facility which plays an important part in community life in the City’s North and CBD area. The centre provides a range facilities and activities including a community gymnasium, social and competitive sports, events and other creative and leisure programs.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a skilled and motivated person to join our City Spaces Team. You will lead a team that is providing high quality community programs and events to the local residential and business communities. In addition you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities for community development.
To be successful in this exciting role you must have:
- a tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated equivalent experience in community or social services, recreation and leisure, health, business or allied discipline
- proven ability to apply a community development framework that seeks to plan and deliver programs in partnership with community stakeholders and address the community’s needs
- ability to drive results and motivate a team of staff including casuals, contractors and volunteers to deliver high quality service standards
- experience in a wide range of administrative duties commensurate to the operation of a large community recreation centre and associated programs
- demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively
- ability to work autonomously and successfully manage a wide scope of work priorities.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Visitto view or download the position description and upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal record background check, a working with children check and a pre-employment health declaration.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm on Sunday, 17 March 2019.
For further information contact: Gabriel Mangano, KGV Centre Manager on 02 9244 3607.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.