Safety Action Meeting (SAM) Co-ordinator - LCP Fairfield
South West Sydney Legal Centre Inc.
The SAM Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of FLCP responsibilities. Reporting directly to the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator, the team leader works in partnership with the IROs and other WDVCAS workers to provide clients with an effective, streamlined service.
In addition to the duties of IRO, key responsibilities of the Team Leader role include:
- Coordinating and monitoring SAMs in the FLCP area including secretariat support (developing agendas, recording agreed actions and Safety Action Plans)
- Liaising with clients in relation to safety action plans developed at SAMs and/or support provided, or arranged, by the LCP/SWSWDVCAS.
- Providing timely feedback to the CRP about clients referred to the LCP
- Ensuring timely data entry, and providing timely feedback regarding CRP referral issues to the WDVCAP unit.
- Working with the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator to ensure the effective operation of the LCP and SAMs including the collection, use and storage of client information, conflicts of interest, client confidentiality, referrals to and from the WDVCAS, client and worker safety and child protection notifications,
- Complying with the SAM & LCP manuals and the Domestic Violence Information Sharing Protocol
- Assisting the WDVCAS to comply with reporting requirements under the WDVCAP Service Agreement, WDVCAP Policy Manual and other operational documents in relation to LCP/ responsibilities
- Building and maintaining constructive and positive working relationships with SAM members, in particular the SAM chair and the DVLOs
- Attending court on AVO list days and other days as required, in particular; mentions, Hearings, prosecutor hearing clinics etc to provide information, assistance, referrals and court advocacy for South West Sydney WDVCAS clients, as directed by the Coordinator or the Assistant Coordinator in liaison with the SAM coordinator.
- Participating in relevant community development activities.
Supervision, Planning, Monitoring and Public Relations
- Supervise and oversee the day to day duties of the FLCP staff
- Bring any issues related to poor performance or disciplinary matters to the attention of the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator. The WDVCAS Coordinator will retain responsibility for formal supervision, performance management and/or disciplinary action
- Oversee and facilitate the delivery of high-quality FLCP services in line with FLCP funding guidelines, directives from the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator and SWSLC policies
- Assist the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator to monitor the performance of FLCP services against funding guidelines, FLCP objectives and SWSLC policies
- Provide high level briefing and feedback to the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator regarding the performance of FLCP staff and the FLCP service
- Provide high level participation in and contribution towards FLCP strategic planning
- In collaboration with the SWSWDVCAS Coordinator, develop and implement policies and procedures that facilitate and give effect to the achievement of FLCP objectives and KPIs
- Provide high-level participation in and advice on the promotion of and advocacy for FLCPs vision, strategies and services
- Provide high level participation in and advice on the design, delivery and quality of FLCP services