Community Services Trainer and Assessor
Australian Learning Group
Are you our next inspiring Trainer and Assessor?
Due to sustained growth, we are looking for a permanent part time (2 days a week) Community Services Trainer and Assessor to deliver our Diploma in Community Services. This is an exciting time to be joining the college due to our organic growth and recent acquisitions. Combined with our longevity in the sector which spans over over 30 years, and our supportive culture, we think it's a pretty great place to work.
Training is classroom based incorporating the use of a simulation. The trainer will also mark the assessments and provide feedback to students while support them to progress in their studies. Successful applicants will also be required to visit agencies in the Community Services sector whilst students are on work placement.
In this role the role holder will:
- Deliver Training 2 days a week
- Provide support and feedback to ensure successful completion of programs
- Monitor, mark and conduct student assessments
- Plan, review and improve training and assessment materials
- Participate in assessment validation, moderation and continuous improvement
Is this you? Our Community Services Trainer and Assessor must have the following key selection criteria:
- Strong experience in Case Management and or Counselling and or Mental Health within the Community Service Industry
- Keen interest in teaching others about the industry
- Experience in training teaching or lecturing is desirable
- Confidence and motivation to deliver first class face to face and online education
- Sensitivity and ability to adapt teaching styles to students of different cultural backgrounds
- Commitment, flexibility, initiative and the ability to work as part of a growing team
- Continuing professional development requirements of the professional body to which they belong
- A relevant vocational qualification (Community Services or Social Care) at the Degree or Diploma level.
- Minimum of 4 years industrial/professional experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Current Police Check
- Language Literacy and Numeracy level which is appropriate to teach others
Be a part of our Team
As Australian Learning Group continues to expand, there are opportunities to progress your career both within this new, CBD campus and in our other interstate campuses. Given we deliver many of the same quality qualifications across Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney, we offer our Trainer and Assessors the opportunity of transferring interstate.
Additionally, we also offer discounted or free qualifications to our employees whilst employed with us along with being offered free massages.