Children & Families Playgroup Facilitator
Botany Family & Children's Centre Inc
Part time (18 hrs/week) Mon/Wed/Thur/Frid (during school terms)
Join a dynamic and passionate team of Early Childhood Educators, providing supported playgroup programs to the Randwick & Botany local community.
Our Vision: To provide a service that is accessible and inclusive of families from diverse backgrounds, to enhance their connectedness to their community and each other.
The playgroup facilitator will be supporting families to strengthen the parent/child relationship, enhance early learning and development, role model positive parenting and skill development whilst providing early intervention and prevention. You will assist to create an environment that is safe, welcoming, supportive and nurturing.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver high quality parent/child supported playgroups targeting families who may be vulnerable. Providing care, early education and engagement with children 0 – 6 years, with the aim of building parental confidence and capacity.
You will be passionate about children and improving outcomes for families, who may have complex needs.
A commitment to the mission statement, values and goals of the Botany Family & Children’s Centre
- Qualifications in Early Childhood Education – Diploma or ECT
- Qualifications and/or experience working with and supporting vulnerable families
- Experience planning, implementing and evaluating programs for young children
- Excellent communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds particularly in relation to children, families and staff.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work collaboratively and effectively within a team to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- A current Working with Children Check
- A current Police Check
- Experience delivering community based supported playgroups
- Second language
- Experience delivering parenting group programs
What BFCC can offer to you:
- A friendly working environment
- Salary packaging benefits
- Work/life balance (don’t work during school holidays)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Supportive environment with an organization that values their employees.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, with attractive salary packaging options.